November 28, 2008

How to say Happy Birthday without sounding like everyone else.


I don't know why I'm drawn to images that are difficult to work with, but the facial expressions in this image are too priceless to pass up. (Click on the image for a better look). So now another entire day has been devoted to a single design. The original image had a large chunk taken out of a critical corner so I had to fake it using Photoshop.

Original Image

Fran over at Zeichen Press had recently blogged about setting a goal for designing 25 new birthday cards by January 1. This is an admirable goal, as there are already 6 million Birthday Card designs out there, and its difficult to keep things fresh. Though I'll admit I've been inspired, I'm not going to be masochistic about it. I've set out to do 3 by the end of the weekend. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment